How Educator Preparation Programs Are Adapting During COVID-19
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM ET
As school districts and universities across the nation adapt to distance learning, how are educator preparation programs responding? How are they meeting their candidates’ needs right now? What are they doing to prepare for the future? In this climate of uncertainty, it is more important than ever to ensure teachers and leaders are being prepared to provide deeper learning opportunities to all students, especially those from our most vulnerable populations.
This webinar featured leaders from educator preparation programs around the country who are members of the Educator Preparation Laboratory (EdPrepLab) network. They explored pressing questions around teacher and leader preparation during the COVID-19 crisis, including:
- How are institutions of higher education responding to state guidance on licensing and credentialing?
- How are programs infusing social-emotional learning and trauma-informed practices in their work with candidates?
- What best practices in virtual learning are evolving to meet the specific needs of teacher and school leader candidates?
- American Association of Colleges for Education
- Bank Street Graduate School of Education
- Center of Pedagogy, Montclair State University
- Center X, University of California, Los Angeles
- Principal Leadership Institute, University of California-Berkeley
- School of Education, University of Colorado Boulder
- Stanford Teacher Education Program
- AACTE COVID-19 Resources
- Bank Street COVID-19 Resources
- California Department of Education COVID-19 Resources
- Culturally Responsive Education: Sustaining Remote Education
- Learning Forward: Supporting Equity for English Learners During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- LPI Blog Series: Learning in the Time of COVID-19
- LPI COVID-19 Resources
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards: Atlas Teaching Videos
- Stanford GSE: COVID-19: Teachers, Families, and the Future
- University of California, Berkeley PDP: Support for K-12 Community
- University of Colorado, School of Education: COVID-19 Resources for our Education Community