EdPrepLab Policy Summit: The Landscape of Educator Preparation
1:30 PM - 3:00 PM ET
On January 26, EdPrepLab hosted the EdPrepLab Policy Summit, a virtual event for network members, their PK-12 district partners, and key policy organizations. Linda Darling-Hammond, President and CEO of the Learning Policy Institute, joined a distinguished panel of leaders who shared their views on the landscape of educator preparation policy and what needs to be done to put well-prepared teachers and leaders in every school and classroom. The presentation was followed by a panel discussion and a moderated Q&A session where participants had the opportunity to ask about key policy issues in the transformation of educator preparation in this time of transitions, uncertainty, and opportunity.
- Linda Darling-Hammond, President and CEO, Learning Policy Institute
- Lynn Gangone, President and CEO, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Mónica Byrne-Jiménez, Executive Director, University Council for Education Administration, Michigan State University
- Noe Ortega, Acting Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Moderator: Steve Wojcikiewicz, Senior Researcher and Policy Advisor, Learning Policy Institute
The policy summit will be followed by a series of “Practice and Policy Conversations,” hour-long web-based interactive gatherings for EdPrepLab members, PK-12 district partners, and policy partners. Participants will engage in small-group discussions, facilitated by EdPrepLab staff, during which they will have the opportunity to share their experiences of educator preparation in the COVID-era as well as their ideas for transforming the field through the alignment of policy with high-quality, evidence-based practice. Further information on these conversations will be provided to Policy Summit participants in January 2021.