EdPrepLab Second Annual Virtual Fall Forum
Strengthening the Educator Workforce: The Importance of Pre-K–12 Partnerships
Thursday, November 18, 2021
12-1 pm ET
Strong pre-K–12 partnerships are vital to high quality educator preparation. To ensure a diverse, effective, and sustainable educator workforce, it is important that preparation programs and district partners develop and nurture authentic, reciprocal partnerships. These cross-institutional relationships are more important than ever in the wake of the isolation and disruption caused by the pandemic. Effective partnerships are complex and require intentional structures, dedicated resources, and shared goals and values.
This Virtual Fall Forum highlighted research-based best practices that create and support these types of partnerships. The forum featured EdPrepLab district partners working to build and sustain high-quality partnerships that strengthen and professionalize the educator workforce.
- Valerie Bridges, Superintendent, Edgecombe County Public Schools, NC
- Roxanna Montes-Bazaldúa, Associate Principal, Mirabeau B. Lamar Elementary School, TX
- Michelle Herbowy, Director of Competency Based Leadership, New York City Department of Education, NY
- Steve Magadance, Title IX Coordinator and Campus Behavior Coordinator, International School of the Americas, North East Independent School District, TX
- Katie Mills, Director of Professional Learning, Boulder Valley School District, CO
- Samara Williams, Principal, Emerald Elementary School, Boulder Valley School District, CO