The Future of Teacher Prep: A Conversation With Educators and Other Expert
During this recorded webinar hosted by the Center for American Progress, the panel-style conversation discusses the publication from Hope Street Group’s National Teacher Fellows. That report, Teaming Up: Educators Enhance Teacher Prep, identifies local, state, and multistate opportunities for enhancing the teacher pipeline. It builds on research from On Deck: Preparing the Next Generation of Teachers and includes additional teacher preparation research; program and assessment design; the development of institutional and state policy; and district-based improvements to teacher recruitment, induction, and retention. Opening remarks were delivered by National Board for Professional Teaching Standards President and CEO Peggy Brookins.
- Wendy Burke, Director of Student Teaching, Eastern Michigan University
- Jacqueline Greer, Executive Director, Urban Teachers D.C.
- Mark LaCelle-Peterson, Senior Vice President for Policy and Programs, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Lisette Partelow, Director of k–12 Strategic Initiatives, Center for American Progress
- Angeline Rivello, Associate Secretary of Teacher and Leader Effectiveness, Delaware Department of Education
- Amanda Zullo, National Teacher Fellow, Hope Street Group; TeachStrong Ambassador